Came across this little beauty today whilst inspecting a dental laboratory, this failed right away on visual inspection on at least 3 things, can you see what?
1/ The live pin is overheating/burning, this is no doubt due to a loose connection which brings us to reason 2.
2/ The outer insulation of the flex is to short where it goes in the plug, this means the cable grip in the plug is not doing it's job which of course may cause a loose connection (reason 1).
3/ If you look at the live pin and the neutral pin you may notice they have no insulation, this could result in an electric shock when removing the plug, this type of plug is over 30 years old, below is a picture how they look now.
At first glance to the untrained eye this looks just like any other plug in your business, when in actual fact it could easily cause a fire or an electric shock.
GET A PROFESSIONAL PAT TEST BOOKED TODAY FROM JUST £69.99 CALL 01992 671622
This is how your plugs should look now, both the live and neutral pins have insulation on them so no nasty shocks when removing, for more about plug safety please click here