I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us

March 29, 2016

Here we have today's failure, as you can see brown tape was pulled tight around the cable as that was the only way to make a connection, obviously this is not good and the item needs to be replaced right away, now the worrying thing........ it was passed by another com...

March 24, 2016

Parents don’t know that hair straighteners can get as hot as their iron. Toddlers are into everything but don’t know that heat hurts. Add in the chaos of getting everyone ready and out of the house, and it’s no surprise these horrible burns are on the increase.

 

More in...

March 24, 2016

Client had no idea about this but wondered where that smell of burning was coming from, the plug was so hot we had to let it cool down before opening it to find......

 

 The plug was smoldering nicely and just about ready to ignite.

 

So for all of you who think PAT testin...

March 23, 2016

 

 

Legal Requirements

It is stated within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 that all employers have a legal duty to provide a safe working environment for their employees, visitors and or any contractors who visit their site. The safety of your employees and visitor...

March 23, 2016

Never buy unbranded chargers, always use original chargers, they cost more but may just save your life.  Make sure your chargers have the CE mark and are not counterfiet 

March 22, 2016

The answer to that question is up to you, the duty holder/manager/owner, but before you make up your mind have a quick look at the average figures for the UK:

 

People receiving a mains voltage electric shock per year (15+): 2.5 million

People whom received a serious inju...

March 18, 2016

Here is a short video on how to reduce the risk of tumble dryer fires,  if you haven't already done so you should register all your electrical appliances on this register, once registered if your appliance is recalled for any reason they will let you know.

 

  

March 18, 2016

Today among other jobs we PAT tested a dentist in Loughton, now, we test a lot of dental practices in the course of our business but this one really stood out, the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with such enthusiasm, the practice may be small but it is one...

March 17, 2016

 

 

High street giant Argos is recalling thousands of chargers for its budget Alba tablets amid fears they could cause electric shock.

 

The online and catalogue king has been emailing customers who snapped up three different screen sizes warning them about potentiall...

March 16, 2016

You have a CQC/OFSTEAD/HSE/Fire Brigade inspection coming shortly and only just noticed your Portable Appliance Testing testing certificate has run out, Don't panic we now offer short notice appointments with SAME DAY CERTIFICATION, please call 01992 761622 for more de...

Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

June 1, 2017

January 24, 2017

September 14, 2016

July 11, 2016

Please reload

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Featured Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Archive
Please reload

© 2019 SMC Portable Appliance Testing