Here we have today's failure, as you can see brown tape was pulled tight around the cable as that was the only way to make a connection, obviously this is not good and the item needs to be replaced right away, now the worrying thing........ it was passed by another company!!. To get a professional Portable Appliance Test please call us on 01992 761622
Parents don’t know that hair straighteners can get as hot as their iron. Toddlers are into everything but don’t know that heat hurts. Add in the chaos of getting everyone ready and out of the house, and it’s no surprise these horrible burns are on the increase. More info here
Client had no idea about this but wondered where that smell of burning was coming from, the plug was so hot we had to let it cool down before opening it to find...... The plug was smoldering nicely and just about ready to ignite. So for all of you who think PAT testing is just a box ticking exercise, think again, it just might save your business and your life. Book now from just £69.99 on 01992 761622
Legal Requirements It is stated within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 that all employers have a legal duty to provide a safe working environment for their employees, visitors and or any contractors who visit their site. The safety of your employees and visitors is largely in your control and you as the employer has a legal duty to prevent any harm coming to either party. Ensuring that all electrical equipment used in the workplace is fully maintained, and for that rea
The answer to that question is up to you, the duty holder/manager/owner, but before you make up your mind have a quick look at the average figures for the UK: People receiving a mains voltage electric shock per year (15+): 2.5 million People whom received a serious injury due to electic shock each year 350,000 Number of people who die from electrical related accidents 77 Now I could quote any number of regulations, laws and other reasons but the above say's it all to me. It's
Here is a short video on how to reduce the risk of tumble dryer fires, if you haven't already done so you should register all your electrical appliances on this register, once registered if your appliance is recalled for any reason they will let you know.
Today among other jobs we PAT tested a dentist in Loughton, now, we test a lot of dental practices in the course of our business but this one really stood out, the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with such enthusiasm, the practice may be small but it is one of the best equipped we have seen in a long time. if you are local to Loughton and need good quality dental care it would be well worth calling FOREST DENTAL you can't miss them they are right next to the polic
High street giant Argos is recalling thousands of chargers for its budget Alba tablets amid fears they could cause electric shock. The online and catalogue king has been emailing customers who snapped up three different screen sizes warning them about potentially dangerous plugs. Tablets affected by faulty plugs which can fall apart and expose wires when plugged into mains sockets are the 8GB seven and eight inch tablets and the 16GB ten inch versions bought between July last
You have a CQC/OFSTEAD/HSE/Fire Brigade inspection coming shortly and only just noticed your Portable Appliance Testing testing certificate has run out, Don't panic we now offer short notice appointments with SAME DAY CERTIFICATION, please call 01992 761622 for more details.